Usually, the worth of a rare gold coin is determined by its grade and rarity, so it’s very important that the coins you buy are graded correctly. Provided you are buying from a reputable dealer, buying uncommon coins can be an exceptionally worthwhile endeavour. The following points summarise some of the main benefits of rare coin investments.
- Protected wealth - Rare coins have historically preserved wealth, as they are strong inflation fighters. This is particularly true in countries where paper currencies have been severely weakened. Whenever paper money is threatened, rare coins can protect wealth much like an investment in gold bullions.
- Cyclic market – Uncommon coins are currently selling at a steep discount compared to their 1980's boom and, given the cyclical nature of the rare coin market, may be poised for rapid price appreciation in the near future.
- Private investment - The visual beauty of rare coins can be enjoyed much like any other form of art. They are also a very personal form of investment, and not subject to government examination like other types of investments held in banks and by insurance companies.
- Flexibility and mobility - They are simple to store and are practically indestructible. They are also insurable. Representing truly portable wealth, rare coins can be moved from place to place very quickly and without much effort.
- Liquidity - With thousands of coin dealers in existence, selling your quality uncommon coins is quite easy, making them a fairly liquid investment.
As you can see, not only are rare coins pleasant to look at but they also provide a flexible means of mobile investment and protected wealth. Whether you’re a coin enthusiast for collecting or investing motives, the Scoin Shop has the gold coins to meet your requirements. Contact us
today to view our range of commemorative Nelson Mandela 90th birthday coins, or to find out about our rare coins on offer.